ICA Live! Color Party
Friday, April 5, 2019: 7-10pm
Friday, April 5, 2019
STUFF(ed) (installation view), 2019
San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art
The ICA is throwing a Color Party! Join us at April’s First Friday as we celebrate everything color!
Inspired by the exhibition STUFF(ed) by Sofie Ramos, this one time event will be a celebration of color – in art, food, beauty, fashion, and emotion – and will aim to unpack the importance of color in culture and everyday life. We’re collaborating with Silicon Valley-based makers and businesses to bring you
- Chefs will create small bites inspired by the colorful “stuffed” artwork
- A pop-up shop by the San Jose vintage shop Black & Brown will showcase colorful fashion trends through the decades
- Nail art inspired by Sofie Ramos’s work
- Palo Alto-based holistic mentor and artist Hemla Makan-Dullabh will be offering drop-in Color Therapy sessions (Color Therapy uses the visible spectrum of light and color to affect a person’s mood and physical or mental health)
- A hands-on mood board craft project
- And more!
You won’t want to miss this one!